I love the BBC show Sherlock and have done a couple drawings of these guys before (several years ago now), but I’ve never drawn them in color. The reference photo I used for this drawing not only was saturated in blue colors, but had the guys standing further apart. I decided to squeeze them into the same frame and keep the blue tones. I’m a little on the fence on if I like the blues in this, but it was definitely a challenge to do overall.
Tag Archives: BBC
I added a new batch of original drawings up for sale. Once they’re gone, they’re gone! Prints are still available for them, but these originals are first-come, first-serve. Thanks for looking!
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor in Thor: The Dark World
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World
- Bob Hope
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock
- Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Avengers
- Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes in Elementary
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert in The Office
- Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean
- Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck / 24: Live Another Day
- Liv Tyler from Lord of the Rings / The Incredible Hulk
- Jim Caviezel as John Reese in Person of Interest
- Eva Green as Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale (007)
- Marker drawing of Optimus Prime (Generation One)
I find it difficult to part with many of my original drawings, but I realize I can’t keep them all… So I’m cleaning shop a bit.
These are original, 9×12 drawings — not prints/copies — so they’re one-of-a-kind, and once they’re gone, they’re gone!
What is available:
1. Thor / Chris Hemsworth (Avengers)
2. James Bond / Sean Connery
3. Vesper Lynd / Eva Green (Casino Royale)
4. Ray Stantz / Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters)
5. Indiana Jones / Harrison Ford (The Last Crusade)
6. Audrey Hepburn
7. Michael Scott / Steve Carell (The Office)
8. Luke Skywalker / Mark Hamill (Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back)
9. Michael Westen / Jeffrey Donovan (TV’s Burn Notice)
10. Evan Baxter / Steve Carell (Evan Almighty)
11. Bilbo Baggins / Martin Freeman (The Hobbit)
First come, first serve, so if you want one – this is it! Thanks!
After watching Sherlock series 3 and just feeling discontented with my previous Sherlock/Benedict Cumberbatch drawing, I decided to take a stab at a new one. Hopefully this one is better. I worked on it in January 2014 and it’s full graphite pencil. I also brought back the DESIGN Ebony Jet Black pencil for the blacks.
Etsy link for prints:
Somehow I missed posting this one, but I did really enjoy working on Sherlock’s Watson. I love Martin Freeman as an actor and I originally hadn’t planned on drawing him as Watson, but after watching the show–and then drawing Benedict — I felt I needed to add Watson.
For this one, I desperately tried to push myself with adding in detail to the work. I am pretty pleased with the end result.
After heeding a friends recommendation to watch the BBC “Sherlock” show (thanks Beca!) and discovering just how excellent it is, I also learned how big of a following the show really has. So after a few requests for a portrait drawing of Benedict, I decided to take the leap.
I worked on this one every night (well… morning, really) from April 27th to May 6, 2013. It’s completely graphite pencil as well. I was kind of “finished” with it a night or two before actually finishing it, but decided to really push myself with detail. It’s not a comfortable thing and I know I “need” to. And I’m so glad I did! Still, I think it’s something where I could just keep working on it to death, but after laying in a light background, I was pretty satisfied with it.
By the way, if at all interested, you can check out the Etsy prints listing here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/150410374/drawing-print-of-benedict-cumberbatch-as