This one was a bit of a challenge to pull back and try detail a little smaller. I liked the image and I wanted to give it a try… and when it was finished, I decided to add a little color by splashing some purple colored pencil off to the side to give it a little extra flavor. While I may still revisit Olga in a more detailed close-up drawing in the future, she saw this on social media and still liked it enough to share. 🙂 (Thanks, Olga!)
Etsy link for prints:
I added a new batch of original drawings up for sale. Once they’re gone, they’re gone! Prints are still available for them, but these originals are first-come, first-serve. Thanks for looking!
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor in Thor: The Dark World
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World
- Bob Hope
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock
- Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Avengers
- Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes in Elementary
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert in The Office
- Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean
- Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck / 24: Live Another Day
- Liv Tyler from Lord of the Rings / The Incredible Hulk
- Jim Caviezel as John Reese in Person of Interest
- Eva Green as Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale (007)
- Marker drawing of Optimus Prime (Generation One)
I find it difficult to part with many of my original drawings, but I realize I can’t keep them all… So I’m cleaning shop a bit.
These are original, 9×12 drawings — not prints/copies — so they’re one-of-a-kind, and once they’re gone, they’re gone!
What is available:
1. Thor / Chris Hemsworth (Avengers)
2. James Bond / Sean Connery
3. Vesper Lynd / Eva Green (Casino Royale)
4. Ray Stantz / Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters)
5. Indiana Jones / Harrison Ford (The Last Crusade)
6. Audrey Hepburn
7. Michael Scott / Steve Carell (The Office)
8. Luke Skywalker / Mark Hamill (Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back)
9. Michael Westen / Jeffrey Donovan (TV’s Burn Notice)
10. Evan Baxter / Steve Carell (Evan Almighty)
11. Bilbo Baggins / Martin Freeman (The Hobbit)
First come, first serve, so if you want one – this is it! Thanks!
I decided to then return to screen shots and chose this favorite from Casino Royale. While it’s not exactly the happiest scene, I loved the emotion in it and the fact that the hard-hearted, coldblooded killing British spy lets down his guard for a woman he’s literally falling in love with. It was also probably the only time you’ll ever see James Bond in the shower with a woman and all they did was just sit there… fully clothed. I love this scene and hopefully did it justice.
I found the cropping of the scene a tough one to work around and had to use various moments throughout the sequence to put it all together. Also, the scene was shot through a plate of glass, so I actually had to watch and rewatch the scene over and over to catch their movements and work around the glass in the scene to draw just them directly. Definitely a challenging one.
Etsy link for prints: